Join the 1st CHORO WEEKEND!
organised by EPM Holanda
EPM Holanda is organizing a Choro Weekend: a whole weekend, from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, full of Choro workshops, rodas and performances!
- Rhythm and articulation in choro by Angelo Ursini
- cavaquinhos, rhythm and groove by Marijn van der Linden
- effective practice and dealing with stage fear by Grace Chi
- improvisation in choro by Ronald Veerman, Elizabeth Fadel and all teachers
- Brazilian Music Movie night by Juliano Abramovay
- Counterpoint and music history by Rafael Pereira Lima
- practica de conjunto/ensemble by Angelo Rovira and other teachers
- percussion and rhythms by Ze Malandro
- in option vocal workshop by Magda Mendes and/or Mirre Valkenburg
- Rodas 24/7 😉
Please fill in the form before 15/September/2023. Reading this later? contact us
From Friday 20/October/2023 around 18:00 until Sunday 22/October/2023 around 15:00.
In Oostvoorne (about 40 km from Rotterdam – see in google maps)
More information about the location: Groepsaccommodatie Samuel Naardenhuis. See also photos below.
Getting there by public transport is unfortunately not easy…
- Train and/or metro from Rotterdam Centraal to Spijkenisse Centrum
- Bus 403 with destination to Rockanje (in the evenings and weekends only every 30 minutes)
- Step out on the bus stop “De Ruy” in Oostvoorne
- Walk 3,2 km (!)
… so we will do our best to arrange lift for everyone who cannot go by car, or at least pick you up at the bus stop in Oostvoorne so that you don’t need to walk 3,2 km!
Kids (<16 years old): €105
What is included:
- accomodation for 2 nights
- 3 meals per day, starting with dinner on Friday and ending with lunch on Sunday
- workshops, rodas, performances
- About the accomodation: there are only shared bedrooms, and you need to bring bed sheet, blanket (or a sleeping bag), pillow case and towel.
- About the workshops: more information will follow with the program.
After we receive your registration we’ll send you the payment instructions.
If you have any comment/question, please leave it at the end of the form.
You can also reach out to us via email: email@example.com
Or just ask us on Saturdays between the lessons 😉
Cristina, Margrit and Marijn
Entrance with a terrace with a glass roof
So even if it rains (afterall it will be Autumn in The Netherlands!), we can also play outside (if it’s not too cold).
Common area where all activities will take place
Bedrooms with 2-7 bunk beds
Nice green (public) area behind the building
(But it will be autumn and we are in The Netherlands, so unfortunately sun is not guaranteed in this package 😉
Plattengrond Samuel Naardenhuis